The use of carrier bags is as usual and as common as any daily activity. Be it a household chore or an office carry bag, be it a shopping bag or a delivery parcel, carrier bags are used everywhere around the world. The United Kingdom, like many other countries on the globe, has stated some ground rules for the type of carrier bag to be used in their country. This is done to encourage the practice of using environmentally friendly products and to lead lives towards a better lifestyle with quality living.
Types of Carrier Bags Are Allowed
Firstly, the carrier bags may be classified by their size, mainly divided into large, medium, small or micro sizes. Herein, the next important category may be single use carry bags or reusable bags.
The kinds of carrying bags that are allowed in the UK are as follows:-
● Paper carrier bags – Paper carrier bags are considered to be the lightest weighted and it is a good option for smaller and dry things to be carried on a daily basis and also to protect from dust and dirt.
● Jute carrier bags – The jute carry bags are strong enough to carry relatively heavy materials. It is strong and classic which never goes out of fashion.
● Duffle carrier bags – Duffle bags are the new kind of fashion statement carrying bags with lots of space while looking compact and easy to carry by hanging around the body. These bags are made up of many kinds of materials and are quite popular among the youngsters currently.
● Printed bags – The most crucial purpose of printed carrier bags is to advertise or amplify the message printed over the bags. It could be a brand name, a social message or simply a slogan related to upcoming trends. You would witness printed bags the most around the UK.
● Flexi loop reusable carrier bags – The Flexi loop carrier bags are more or less the grocery bags that you use. They are reusable and sturdy. They can undoubtedly lift more weight than it looks.
● Biodegradable carrier bags – The biodegradable bags are eco friendly and environment friendly carry bags. They can be of both the kinds, reusable and non-reusable. It depends on your usage, weight to be lifted and the place it is to be carried.
Mostly all the big and small nations have bent and stated their rules regarding plastic bags and how harmful their use can be on human life and the planet earth. Plastic bags used to be an extremely basic thing until a few years back. Thus, plastic bags have been banned from many parts of the world along with the United Kingdom.