Is your daughter finicky about what she wears, or completely accommodative of your choices? Either way, online shopping for her clothes can be a fun activity for you both.
Your little princess is the apple of your eye. You can move mountains to see the smile on her face, and no wish is too great that you will not fulfil it. You want to give her the best of everything – and that often includes dressing her up in a chic way.
But shopping for your little darling can become tedious if she does not like the girls’ dresses you pick. Here’s how you can ease the process:
- Take her choices into account. Most parents are guilty of buying what they feel are cute, trendy outfits and then forcing their children into them. Do remember that as young as she is, your daughter has certain preferences when it comes to colours, fits and even dress length. She might not be a trendsetter like Suri Holmes or Harper Beckham, but she will still be able to judge what she likes and what she doesn’t. Just like you consider your own likes and dislikes when you shop for your clothes, you should extend the same consideration when buying dresses for girls.
- Sit her down with you when buying her clothes. The next time you need to shop for your princess, sit her down with you. Open your favourite online shopping site on your laptop, so that you can browse for her clothes together. Zoom into the kids’ section of the site and open the category for girls’ dresses. Go through each page one by one, and set aside the ones she likes the most. Study the fabric and product description together, explaining the parts that she doesn’t understand fully. Once you are done browsing, add the desired girls’ dresses to the online shopping cart/bag and proceed to pay.
- Look for a range of clothing. Why just dresses for girls, you can look at so many different clothing options too. There are skirts, dungarees, tunics, jackets, salwar kameez sets, pants, tops and shorts to buy her, so do look at the clothing options available. If her heart is set on girls’ dresses, look up different colours, styles and fabrics. Then there are options in daily wear, formal wear, and also party dresses for girls.
- Be wary of problem areas. Children can often be finicky about what they eat and wear. Your daughter might not like certain colours. Some fabrics, like gauze or lace, might make her skin itchy. She might rebel if you try to put her in a dress if she is most comfortable in pants or shorts. Meanwhile, certain kinds of clothing might hamper her movement. A dress with a tight bodice might make her uncomfortable. Or if she chooses to wear a choker to a birthday party, you must be careful that the choker does not become dangerous. Dressing your daughter well can get tricky, so choose well.
- Select offers. Leading online shopping sites like Jabong normally have offers on all purchases (see illustration on left). The same applies to kids’ clothing as well. If you are buying a lot of girls’ dresses at one go, you might want to save some money by opting for offers. Just pick the relevant option: Up to 10%/ 15%/ 20% off so that you get a handsome discount on your bill.